Open June - October
Tuesday - Saturday 11:00 - 4:00
Sundays & Mondays Closed
Children under 12 & Military Free
Call for Applications: Welcome Center Volunteers
The Nye Museum is a professionally staffed non-profit organization that preserves and promotes three historic landmarks: a 1678 colonial farmhouse,1858 mill museum, and 1889 Grange Hall & Welcome Center. We are currently seeking Welcome Center Volunteers for our colonial house museum. The position requires individuals who will greet visitors, provide information about our property, and sell merchandise. We offer a dynamic work environment with dedicated staff, beautiful grounds, and historically significant buildings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• daily opening and closing of Welcome Center.
• Supervising visual displays, keeping track of supplies and inventory. Set-up and break-down of some displays is required every shift
• Communicating with Executive Director when products are running low
• Providing assistance during special events and exhibitions
• Selling merchandise in our gift shop
This is a part-time, seasonal position that is available Tuesday through Saturday, 11AM-5PM from mid-June to mid-October.
This part-time position is open until filled by the appropriate candidate. Serious candidates should submit a brief introductory email to David Shorten, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Job requires ability to navigate stairs, some lifting, and walking the grounds.
Job Type: Part-time (5-10 hours per week)
• East Sandwich, MA 02537